The Finger Players is currently hiring for the following position:
As part of the management team, the General Manager will work closely with the Artistic Director(s) to oversee organisational development and growth of The Finger Players Ltd (TFPL) to achieve its vision and mission. This is a leadership position, and ideal for someone with management experience, interest in the arts, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment and strives under pressure.
- Together with the Artistic Director(s), refine and implement the vision, mission, purposes, goals, policies, programmes, services, strengths and needs of TFP.
- Oversee all TFPL administration and operational matters, including management of administrative reports, contracts, grant applications, charity/IPC governance and annual/ad hoc audits.
- Implement policies laid down by TFPL and/or the Board of Directors (BoD) and translating them into operational plans and day-to-day directives.
- Keep the operations of TFPL under constant review and presenting to the BoD periodic budgets, statements, accounts and reports showing the progress and performance of TFPL.
- Be responsible for the management, control and use of TFPL’s funds and company/production budgets; making best efforts to ensure TFPL has sufficient reserves to meet its liabilities; and review TFPL’s books and financial statements, and engage financial advisers to advise on the same where necessary.
- Consider and implement changes in TFPL’s organisational structure and in the allocation of the responsibilities that may be required to provide for growth and changes in its activities, programmes and fundraising matters.
- Initiate, manage and oversee fund-raising strategies and programmes for TFPL; working closely with the BoD to promote these strategies and programmes.
- Oversee employment practices and recruitment within TFPL, to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws.
- Maintain and develop good relations with the governmental agencies, foundations, sponsors, partners and associate artists.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in a managerial role.
- Proficiency in grants management, fundraising, proposal writing and events management.
- A highly self-aware, motivated individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a good command of English. Fluency in another language is a bonus.
- A strong interest and passion in the arts
- Willingness to work on weekends and after regular office hours.
Applications Due: 24 May 2021
Please email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject “TFP Recruitment: Your Applied Role”.
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.