ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
In this 12-16 hour workshop, participants are guided through the intricacies of the craft of the puppeteer, specifically in the making, designing, and manipulating of puppets. This workshop is also customisable, and can be tailor-made to scaffold/support the engagement of the school’s current curriculum.
(1) Introduction to Puppets (2 – 4 Hours)
- Types and Forms
- Mechanisms and Manipulations
- Newspaper Puppet Making & Hands-on
(2) Design and Construction of Puppets (6 – 10 Hours)
- Based on a text/script/stimuli/theme, participants will get to design and construct the puppets needed for the show in assigned groups.
- Construction Checklist – mechanisms, movements & expressions, lightness & durability and design consistency
(3) Creating with Puppets (30 minutes)
- Make your puppet come alive!
- Learn the intricacies and nuances of manipulating the puppet you just made.
- Classroom with chairs and tables that can be flushed to the sides
- White background (Wall/Whiteboard)
- Powerpoint Access
- Soundproof preferable but not necessary
8 participants (minimum)
12 – 16 hours, depending on individual school’s requirements
Click to enquire now. Do include the number of participants you are planning for.