THE FINGER PLAYERS
The Finger Players is a non-profit organisation and is one of Singapore’s leading theatre companies, best known for inventively fusing puppetry elements into its visually-arresting productions.
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated and detailed-oriented Outreach Manager to join our team of ever-evolving theatre programmes for young and old.
Outreach programmes are extremely crucial for our communities, so your role will play a crucial role in achieving our projects’ goals and objectives. Reporting to the General Manager and Artistic Director(s), the Outreach Manager plays a key role in curating, managing and executing of community outreach and educational programmes to build diverse audiences of various demographics.
Programming and Outreach
- Co-curate and co-write proposals and lesson plans
- Co-produce (plan and deliver) education and community programmes
- Implement and support the executing team
- Manage incoming Arts Education Programmes (NAC-AEP) and ad-hoc bookings for workshops and performances
- Communicate with key relevant internal and external stakeholders to advocate TFPL programmes
- Work in close collaboration with the TFPL marketing team to successfully promote the programmes (e.g., websites, collaterals etc)
- Logistics co-ordination, scheduling, and budgeting of educational programmes
- Oversee, supervise the admissions and registration process of educational programmes when applicable
- Organize project records, uphold good contract documentation, surveys and ensure records are well filed. Keep updated about procurement practices, e.g., eGov if any.
- Oversee and co-ordinate for timely budgetary submission, reimbursements, ensure proper tracking and oversight on payment timelines
- Research into relevant areas on best practises and methods of public or community engagement to provide insights that will support the programmes
- Assist in finance procedures (e.g., acquiring quotations, review cost payments, liaising with auditors, if necessary)
- Any ad-hoc duties, when required
- Only for Singaporeans / Singapore PRs
- Minimum of 2 years in Drama Education or education-related industries
- Preferably a minimum of 2 years in events management, arts management or relevant industries
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word Doc, Excel Spreadsheet, PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding with some hands-on experience in production and stage management
- Willing to work with young children
- Willingness to work on weekends and after regular office hours during production periods
- Able to commit on a full-time basis for at least 6 months
- Good command of both English and Chinese language (spoken & written)
Please note that preference will be given to those with relevant experience and that salary will be commensurate with experience. Please email your CV and cover letter with your expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Finger Players
The Finger Players is one of Singapore’s leading theatre companies, best known for inventively fusing puppetry elements into its visually-arresting productions, and its strong advocacy of puppetry. Founded in 1999, The Finger Players strives to be a centre of research and development for the creation and performance of puppetry in Singapore.